“How do we create experiences that are both fulfilling for volunteers and transformative for our mission?”
Every day, volunteer coordinators are called on to translate the talents and desires of volunteers into practical work that moves their organization's mission forward. But very few have the tools to manage this difficult balance effectively.
The costs can be enormous.
A Workshop by Assemble
The Mission-Focused, Volunteer-Centered workshop applies improv theater techniques, MBA-level curriculum, and your team's real-world challenges to give coordinators the power to engage volunteers with confidence.
become experts at...
Rapidly Prototyping New Programs & Initiatives
Take the risk out of volunteer-run programs; decrease the time and cost of launching new initiatives.
Aligning Your Needs with What Volunteers Have to Offer
Co-create programs with your volunteers without sacrificing impact or doubling your workload.
Delegating the Tasks Volunteers Can Do Best
Confidently pick the best work for volunteers - do more by enabling others to do what they do best.
What You'll Do
The immersive, full-day workshop is broken down into three acts, giving you the freedom to alternate between group collaboration and discovery, practical application to a current pressing challenge you face, and expert-insights from some of the most successful volunteer coordinators in the country.
THE WORKSHOP AGENDA
ACT 1: design the ideal volunteer experience
- Reflect on and share the stories behind your best volunteer engagements.
- Create insights and connections amongst the different and diverse experiences.
- Map those insights to practical changes in the way you design, launch, and sustain programs.
Early Afternoon Session
act 2: TACKLE A PRESSING CHALLENGE
- Bring a real challenge you are facing in your work right now and work with others to co-create a way forward.
- Get one-on-one coaching for common objections, misconceptions, and pitfalls.
- Identify concrete actions you can take to improve areas where you aren't seeing results.
Later Afternoon Session
act 3: learn from the best practitioners in the field
- Be a fly on the wall to an lively debate between leading practitioners in your field.
- Reflect on how their insights and experiences can change how you inspire and equip volunteers.
- Create an action plan for moving forward in your role.
More Than Just a Workshop
Assemble surrounds the full-day workshop with carefully planned prep and follow-up experience to ensure that the insights, relationships, and changes that emerge through out the day have lasting impact.
what you'll get beyond the workshop
- A pre-session survey to identify the specific needs of your organization
- An e-book that captures the core concepts of the workshop
- Email scripts for engaging with volunteers
- A custom, step-by-step plan for implementing what you learned in your organization.
- A followup survey and debrief session to discuss how to create long-term impact.
- Weekly goal-setting, reflection, and accountability to a feedback loop for continuous learning and improvement.
- A community of leaders for long-term learning and change.
Assemble creates workshops that uncover a team's latent wisdom to help them do their best work together. Our methods are born from years of experience consulting dozens of startups, non-profits and corporations, improvising performances before live audiences, and designing courses at some of the world’s best MBA programs.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
WE BELIEVE IN DOING REAL WORK, NOT FICTIONAL EXERCISES.
When participants leave, they will have used the principles they learned to move the needle on tasks currently on their plate.
WE BELIEVE IN LISTENING MORE THAN TALKING.
The answers to your team’s biggest challenges are found within their own experiences. It’s our job to help them recover that wisdom.
WE BELIEVE MEANINGFUL WORK AND PLAY ARE SYNONYMOUS.
What do you really want from your team? Imagination, creativity, excitement, ownership, intensity, focus? Yep - that’s why we play in our workshops.